Hixon Parish Council vacancy
A Councillor vacancy has arisen on Hixon Parish Council.
Expressions of interest are invited from local people who can help the Council deliver its work programme as well as bringing new and fresh ideas to improve the community and the lives of the people who live here.
Parish Councils are the grass roots of local Government, making things happen locally and representing the community at district and county council levels.
This vacancy at this time offers an ideal opportunity for someone to show what they can do before the four-yearly Stafford Borough Parish Council elections in May 2023.
Anyone wishing to put themselves forward to be a Hixon Parish Councillor must be:
- At least 18 years;
- A British subject or citizen of the Commonwealth or European Union;
You must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be on the Electoral Roll as an elector on Hixon Parish;
- Have, during the whole of the past 12 months, occupied land or other property in Hixon Parish, either as owner or tenant;
- Have, during the whole of the past 12 months, had your principal or only place of work in Hixon Parish;
- Have been resident in Hixon Parish (or within 3 miles of the Parish boundary for the whole of the past 12 months.
Please apply to the Clerk at Hixon Parish Council via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Catherine Gill, Clerk to Hixon Parish Council, 79, Sycamore Drive, Hixon. Stafford ST18 0FB. Telephone: 01889 272679
The closing date is 5pm on 12th April 2022.